There are scores of reasons why any IT or communications reseller or dealer should be selling hosted VoIP services. The ten we have listed here are just the main ones that come to mind first. If you don’t sell VoIP to your customers, someone else will. There may still be time to get the early-mover advantage in your locality, vertical market or area of specialism. VoIP is easy to sell and we can show you everything you need to know. First, let’s look at the reasons why you ought to be selling VoIP right now.
- Customers want VoIP and they want it now – demand for hosted VoIP is going through the roof. The growing awareness of both VoIP and of cloud services is waking businesses up to the idea that they can get better, more-scalable, flexible and cost-effective services – and they want those advantages now.
- The potential is enormous and it requires a minimal investment and risk – hosted VoIP sales are growing at a phenomenal rate. It will cost you almost nothing to get started as a VoIP reseller – just a little time and attention to understand the service you are selling. There is no real risk either; you should probably use the service yourself, so as you are at least practicing what you are preaching. But otherwise, you won’t need to invest much at all.
- You’ll make money – as a VoIP reseller, you’ll make money on the initial sale and not only on the commissions for the users licenses, but also on the additional phones, switches and other equipment that the customer will need to make the most of their hosted VoIP services.
- You’ll go on making money – this is where you really start to benefit. For every service and subscriber you sign up, you’ll earn income on their monthly usage. It soon builds up. As the number of users and usage of the service and its add-on features grows (and all of these elements will grow), your monthly income will rise, and with hardly any additional cost to you.
- Get ahead of the competition – if you are quick about it, you can get ahead of your rivals be the first to offer a good hosted VoIP service in your area or market. It will set you apart and make you stand out from the crowd – and give you a way to add real value for existing and prospective customers. Get your marketing engine moving and you can be racing ahead of your closest competitors.
- Make customers stickier – selling VoIP will help you to increase customer retention and reduce and / or prevent attrition. They are not going to walk away from you in a hurry if they are dependent on you for their voice services. And with our support, and that of the hosted VoIP service provider as well, you have plenty of back-up when it comes to meeting customer expectations.
- Your customers will love you for getting them started – there are so many advantages that hosted VoIP delivers for the customer and as soon as they start to realise those benefits – increased scalability and flexibility, number portability, advanced telephony features, detailed reporting and of course, big cost savings (we could go on too). They will be delighted with you for opening their eyes to the potential and delivering a service that really benefits them in so many ways.
- You’ll build a platform for selling more services – once customers have seen the benefits of hosted VoIP, they will be keener to look at other hosted services. For infrastructure, applications, platforms, network management, security, print and so on.
- It will help to secure your business future – you will be building up monthly subscription income and with improved customer retention and the prospect of selling additional services, building a customer base around VoIP will provide a foundation for transitioning to a more sustainable long-term business model that is not dependent on driving more and more product sales.
- It’s exciting and it’s fun – whether you are selling or buying, hosted VoIP is a very exciting area of the market and one that thrills, intrigues and amazes every time. That makes it fun too and something that can add real energy to your business.
If you’re thinking of selling VoIP, it’s a smart move and we believe all resellers need to make very soon indeed if they are going to reap the maximum rewards.